Lawless FM is a self-hosted, all-in-one web radio management suite that runs on the azuracast code. Using it is incredibly easy, it has a powerful but intuitive web interface that lets you start up a fully working web radio station literally within a few minutes.
Lawless.FM works for web radio stations of all types and sizes, and is built to run on even the most affordable VPS web hosts. So stop worrying about censorship culture and avoid it all-together. Using hosted services is the problem, when you run and own the software yourself, you don’t have to worry about having someone turning you off.
Lawless Radio Stations These three radio stations I manage through my own instance of Lawless Radio.
Radio Station Features
- Rich Media Management: Upload songs, edit metadata, preview and organize music into folders from your browser.
- Playlists: Add music to standard-rotation playlists or schedule a playlist to play at a scheduled time, or once per x songs / minutes / etc.
- Live DJs: Set up individual DJ/streamer accounts.
- Web DJ: Broadcast live directly from your browser, with no extra software needed, with Lawless.FM’s built-in Web DJ tool.
- Public Pages: Lawless.FM includes embeddable public pages that you can integrate into your existing web page or use as the basis for your own customized player.
- Listener Requests: Let your listeners request specific songs from your playlists, both via an API and a simple public-facing listener page.
- Remote Relays: Broadcast your radio signal (including live DJs) to any remote server running Icecast or SHOUTcast.
- Web Hooks: Integrate your station with Slack, Discord, TuneIn, Twitter and more by setting up web hooks that connect to third-party services.
- Detailed Analytics and Reports: Keep track of every aspect of your station’s listeners over time. View reports of each song’s impact and generate a report that’s compatible with SoundExchange for US web radio royalties.
- Role-based User Management: Assign global and per-station permissions to a role, then add users to those roles to control access.
- Authenticated RESTful API: Individual users in the system can create API keys which have the same permissions they have in the system. The Lawless.FM API is a powerful and well-documented tool for interacting with installations.
- Web Log Viewing: Quickly diagnose problems affecting any part of the Lawless.FM system through the system-wide web log viewer.
- Automatic Radio Proxies: Many users can’t connect directly to radio station ports (i.e. 8000) by default, so Lawless.FM includes an automatic nginx proxy that lets listeners connect via the http (80) and https (443) ports. These proxies are also compatible with services like CloudFlare.
- Storage Location Management: Station media, live recordings and backups can be stored locally or on an S3 compatible storage provider.
It really is this easy to get setup with Lawless Radio and broadcasting to the world. The best part is that you own the software and if you don’t have the expertise to install it yourself, I’ll even help you.